Sunday, October 4, 2009

I have just installed Norton Antivirus 2007, comp is alot slower now. Before installing it I just ha

Norton is a hog. I recommend using ZoneAlarm.



www.zonealarm.com



I have just installed Norton Antivirus 2007, comp is alot slower now. Before installing it I just had firewallstinger



Norton is over priced junk.You got ripped off. There are so many free programs that are better.



I have just installed Norton Antivirus 2007, comp is alot slower now. Before installing it I just had firewallvirus scanner



I personally don't think it is worth paying to get a virus scanner but i recommend Avg anti virus it is free and it runs smoothly no problems for me. But what you could do is try to uninstall it and then install it again.



And also you might look into buying more memory
Sometimes your computer runs slowly because a lot of your programs start running as you log in your computer. So you can disabaled some of those programs and leave the programs run , the one you need. Go to start than go to Run type in the box msconfig then go to Start Up menu and disabled all of the programs besides any Antivirus programs. It is going to ask you to restore your computer, after that see how your computer works. If it is still slow, then you need to uninstall your norton antivirus. and try to re install again. GOOD LUCK
Norton is a cumbersome program and honestly doesn't work as well as others. I would get rid of it and get AVG Antivirus...it's free and works great.
There are a lot of factors that go into why your computer is running slow after installing the Norton program.

No comments:

Post a Comment