Thursday, October 8, 2009

Which is better: Norton Antivirus, Internet Security, or 360?

all versions being 2008 and if you dont recommend any of these what else is out there?



Which is better: Norton Antivirus, Internet Security, or 360?virus protection



I was a big fan of Nortons for a long time. But the comments on it eating up system resources are correct. Try removing it. I like Kaspersky for my 'paid' builds. CA, Avast are good also. IF--- like I suspect you are, going w/ the Nortons... my compromise would be to go w/ 'Internet Security' version. Good luck, and report your results to us!



Which is better: Norton Antivirus, Internet Security, or 360?agv



I definitely recommend Norton, 360 just has a few extra perks, but it contains the whole Norton Internet Security Suite as well, (so I'd go with this).



Some people will tell you Norton is awful, and I'll admit a while ago it was, but they really fixed it with Norton 2007, and the major magazines/reviewers agree that it's great. It doesn't slow down your computer, and it doesn't annoy you with a thousand pop ups.
I had norton for a couple of years,,,,,now i have Macafee,,I like it a lot better..........
Nortan give better but slow down the pc.



Quickhill is good protection speed.
Definitely not Norton anything! Norton products have crashed 2 of our computers %26 we lost everything both times. Talked with Norton %26 they couldn't fix it...said there's a problem with updates %26 renews that THEY KNOW cause problems. I spent hours talking to India, (that was LOTS of fun), %26 lots of $$$ to get absolutely nothing. They even sent and had me install NONAV to get rid of all Norton and couldn't get it out of my registry. A couple of techie friends said their companies won't touch Norton products. I never will again.
Simple answer none of them go for kaspersky instead. Norton software has a tendany to run lots of processes in the background and slows your computer down.
Better yet, go get Anti Cyber Crime 2008. This program is THE BEST ANTI VIRUS SOFTWARE OUT THERE. You can get it at any consumer electronics store.
I have used Norton before, but I stopped since i got a new computer and used the antivirus that came with it. But from people, i heard the Norton is one of the worst anti virus, i don't know if thats true, but i do know that if you play games that uses game guard (maple story, soldier front, etc) Norton lags up the game like crazy and ends up shutting the game down for some reason...

No comments:

Post a Comment