Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I keep updating my Norton Antivirus but it keeps telling me the software is outdated. How do I deal

What can I do about it? I've been updating that software for like, 6 times a day, no exagerrating, but it still keeps telling me that it's out of date and I need to update it! Could someone help me?



I keep updating my Norton Antivirus but it keeps telling me the software is outdated. How do I deal with this?live update



Hello,



(ANS) There are x2 points here to mention. First off then Norton Anti Virus program uses a scanning engine, this comes with a certain version number when you installed it. The error message you are seeing is because the core scanning engine version has changed so for example when you installed the package it might have been 2.5.00 say and now there is a new scanning engine version 3.01.001 say.



OK! so the error means you need to upgrade your version of Norton Anti Virus because theres now a newer version of the program available.



The Second point is that Norton anti virus also uses a subscription based update service. i.e. if you want the weekly or daily updated virus signatures that make detection of new viruses possible then you have to pay for that service. It could also mean that your update subscription service is also out of date and that you need to pay again for another 12mths update service.



Personally I think the Norton update subscription service is a total rip off for the price being charged. And every year the price went up, it just got silly in the end. This is why changed my anti virus program.



**I removed Norton 2002 from my computer %26 changed over to AVG free which I found to be a far better program in all respects anyway. Its a much nicer program than Norton and has all the same %26 better features and its 100% free.



**http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/...



Hope that's of help?



Best Regards IR



I keep updating my Norton Antivirus but it keeps telling me the software is outdated. How do I deal with this?norten



Reinstall it
uninstall it and reinstall it. if that doesn't work uninstall it again and get AVG free. it does an excellent job.

No comments:

Post a Comment