Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I tried to update Norton antivirus 2007 but im getting an error?

I purchased a years worth of protection in sept 06 and i want to update the software but it says "subscription services failed". I know I have 292 days left. What can I do to fix that?



I tried to update Norton antivirus 2007 but im getting an error?microsoft office



Call their customer support. You paid for it, so they need to help you.



Let me explain. The people at Symantec have the sheets with them and will help you trouble shoot. If your firewall is blocking it, they will tell you what ports to allow. If the installation is corrupt they should give you assistance repairing.



Personally I use a symantec product on my computer and I have always found that except for the updater they are one of the best. They will help you, if you have any trouble contacting them, feel free to add more details.



EDIT: (In response to an awnser)



I do not recommend that you download firefox yet. Your anti virus is already doing weird stuff so dont install stuff to complicate the matter. (Additionally it does not matter what browser you use, there are viruses in both.) I have found Norton is very effective. We used to use CA however we had trouble with it and couldnt get any support. This may have changed since it has been over three years but I still recommend Norton, MacAfee, or AVG Free (which is freeware and not as well supported)



I tried to update Norton antivirus 2007 but im getting an error?norton antivirus



Call customor service and get your money back because Norton sucks! Buy something that actucally works like AVG Free Edition and AVG Spyware (have to buy but it works really well). Those programs actucally work. I ran one spyware scan and I found over 300 files infected with spyware. And I haven't had any since.
Just open the norton protection center and you find the support, help, technical help online phone numbers that you will need.



E

No comments:

Post a Comment