Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How can I stop Norton Antivirus doing a virus check when I open existing Word documents on my comput

It's so annoying and time consuming



How can I stop Norton Antivirus doing a virus check when I open existing Word documents on my computer?product key



This may vary slightly depending on what version you have but if you go into the preferences, there's an option under one of the sections that says "Enable office plug-in". Turn it off.



Check for other options that refer to microsoft office and disable them.



How can I stop Norton Antivirus doing a virus check when I open existing Word documents on my computer?triumph



I would get rid of Norton and download AVG - free. Come to think of it, that's exactly what I did after 3 years of total exasperation. Norton is a nightmare!
click on norton symbol (right click) then click disable norton int. security
You can turn off Norton Antivirus at any time. So when you are going to use word documents just go to the Norton folder, open up Norton and when prompted click off the Norton Antivirus, when finished with Word do the reverse to the Norton Antivirus to reopen it.
You need to right click the Norton icon in the taskbar and select disable auto-protect, thats the thing that checks every file that you download/open.



Dangerous to do though, it might free up some time but it leaves you vulnerable when you trawl the net.
u can enable it in ur settings
update norton and then change your settings so that you control how often your computer is scanned
You can disable this in the anti-virus settings.

No comments:

Post a Comment