Thursday, November 5, 2009

Since installing Norton Antivirus software on my PC the system has slowed to ridiculous speeds. What

uninstall norton download and install avast



Since installing Norton Antivirus software on my PC the system has slowed to ridiculous speeds. What can I donetwork security



If you've installed it properly there shouldn't be a prob,been running Norton for the past 2 yrs with no probs or slowing down



Since installing Norton Antivirus software on my PC the system has slowed to ridiculous speeds. What can I donorton internet security



Hi, myself and many other people have the same problem, Mcaffee is also just as bad, I use F-Secure, it is pretty good and doesn't use up system resources like Norton and McAffee do.



Not sure if I'm allowed to endorse products here but I can heartily recommend F-Secure ( http://www.f-secure.com/ )
Norton is pants! Try something like AVG.
gid rid of it asap ...norton is crap trust me ...u need do uninstall it and get avg its a lot betta for ur comp .....if ur comp is still slow after uninstallin norton then u mite need to re install the windows that ur are running
sorry idk the answer, but i noticed my computer has started running slow too since i installed it.
Reduce the setting ( is it on high ) to enable you to browse and use more cookies,
un-install it
Norton antivirus is ment to protect your PC from viruses but if you say it made your PC slow theni guess your PC is alergic to norton anivirus. Why bot book an appointment with a Gp for Alergy tests.
I have the same problem with Mccaffee
I'm not sure, but my computer's doing the same. Norton Antivirus was interfering with the Windows security software so I had to make a few adjustments. It's a real pain and I think it's a general problem with a lot of security software not working correctly with Windows.



I think the best thing is to contact Symantec directly as I have done before, only be warned they may charge you!



If you find out, let us know because I've spent entire evenings trying to find the answer!
Don't run two AV programs at once. I fyou already had one installed, you should have uninstalled it before adding Norton!!
Click Start%26gt;Run Then type msconfig %26 click on start up tab %26 then deselect all softwares including Norton.- This will help in reducing time in start up. For slowing of speed at other moments - I am not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment