Thursday, November 5, 2009

I ran Norton antivirus 2007. I have tracking cookies, do I hit fix, ignore or exclude?

After the scan it asks me if I need to ignore, fix or exclude. I am not sure which one to choose to permanently delete it . Please help. thanks!



I ran Norton antivirus 2007. I have tracking cookies, do I hit fix, ignore or exclude?nortin



I would hit fix. This should remove those tracking cookies. HOWEVER, I would recommend utilizing free adware solutions like Lavasoft Ad-Aware which you can download for free. Also try Spybot as well. You don't really need to pay for Norton Antivirus. If you got it pre-installed with your computer, it will keep bugging you to buy it once the free sample runs out. Lavasoft Ad-Aware provides free updates to its core software. Norton actually bloats your computer anyways...



There are also good alternative anti-virus solutions out there when your Norton subscription runs out.



I ran Norton antivirus 2007. I have tracking cookies, do I hit fix, ignore or exclude?pc security



Yes get rid of them, you don't need tracking cookies at all. Besides they will come back again when you to the sites they come from, so just keep ahead of it
fix and follow the instructions
Hit 'Fix'. As tracking cookies cannot be 'fixed', they will be most probably removed if you do so.
You can click FIX, but Norton Antivirus will probably Quarantine them. You can then go to your Quarantined Items and delete them.



In this case, I would recommend something like CCleaner. This little freeware application started out as Crap-Cleaner and was a project started by a couple of college kids. It has since evolved into a very useful application. It not only deletes cookies, but cleans out logs and temporary files and keeps your computer running smoothly.



http://www.ccleaner.com
AtlantaGU is right and CCleaner is what I was going to tell you about, it's great, I use it.
FIX...



and then it will prolyl put them in quarintine..



so go and delete them there too!
whenever norton find anything always hit fix. that way ur pc will be safe

No comments:

Post a Comment